HOW TO APPLY
Qualification for prospective international students
The general requirements to be eligible:
- You are a secondary school/senior high school education graduate;
- You have achieved excellent results in the study; and
- You are not a holder of any other scholarships or grants (if you apply to our scholarship program).
When you have fulfilled the minimum requirements, you can go to admisi.uii.ac.id
The requirements to be prepared before starting the online application are:
- Certified copies of your graduation certificate and academic transcript (if the language is other than English, please kindly provide the translation documents with an official stamp from the translator office);
- The colour scan of the first (photo) page of your passport;
- Letter of good health*;
- Current curriculum vitae/resume;
- Statement of motivation*;
- Certificate of English Proficiency test (TOEFL score 500/IELTS 5.0/Duolingo 75-80 or other certificates equivalent to B1 level)
- Declaration stating that you will not work on your study visa and you will obey Indonesian law*; and
*all templates can be downloaded at admisi.uii.ac.id
- CREATE NIU: Go to admisi.uii.ac.id and click the “Create NIU Account” button and sign up. Follow the instruction to obtain the Admission Number or Nomor Induk Utama (NIU). Please register as International Prospective Student.
- APPLY: Log in with your NIU account at admisi.uii.ac.id to complete the application, and submit it (after submission, you will not be able to edit or revise your application).
- CHOOSE: Choose the study programs (maximum 3 options) and prepare the required documents. Complete all data and upload all the required documents.
- VERIFICATION PROCESS: All submitted data and documents will be checked and verified when complete and fulfil all requirements.
- INTERVIEW: Attend the interview test as scheduled by the UII team. The interview consists of two parts: (1) basic academic knowledge interview for all applicants and (2) scholarship interview for those applying for UII Future Global Leaders Scholarship (FGLS).
- ACCEPTANCE: Go to admisi.uii.ac.id and log in with your NIU Account to check the announcement of your acceptance to the university. Download your Letter of Admission and Study Agreement through the portal. Please fill out and sign your Study Agreement form, then submit it to the portal.
- ENROLLMENT: You will be enrolled at UII and receive a student number, including your digital student ID card. Please see the further information on the enrolment procedure.
English is the language of instruction when you study at all courses at UII. Especially in the International Program, your English proficiency must meet the requirement equivalent to a TOEFL score of 500 or an IELTS score of 5 or Duolingo 75-80 or other certificates equal to B1 level.
Bahasa Indonesia is the language instruction when studying at a regular study program at UII. It is obligatory to take the Indonesian Language for Foreigner or Bahasa Indonesia untuk Penutur Asing (BIPA) course in Centre for International Language and Cultural Studies (CILACS) UII or in the home country provided by the Embassy of Republic Indonesia. Your Bahasa Indonesia proficiency is recommended to meet a minimum requirement equivalent to level 4 (Madya; a score of 482 or above) of the Test of Indonesian Language Proficiency or Uji Kemahiran Bahasa Indonesia (UKBI). You may find the information of UKBI in the Embassy or Consulate of Republic Indonesia in your home country.
For prospective international students who wish to enrol at UII, please go to
Everyday at Universitas Islam Indonesia, you will find an extensive study space to deepen your knowledge, develop your skills, and fostering new ideas. Gain a full learning experience while studying at UII. You may also choose various degree programs at UII which taught entirely in Bahasa Indonesia, or a specific degree offered at the International Program.
See more information from the following link:
INDONESIAN LANGUAGE SKILLS
If you are interest to study in regular program, you must have a fluent communication skills using Bahasa Indonesia, both oral and written. UII provides Bahasa Indonesia untuk Penutur Asing (BIPA) program to help you learn Indonesian language before starting your first semester.
See more information from the following link:
If you have any questions or difficulties in preparing the required documents to meet the entry requirements, please contact our staff at the Office of International Affairs by email: [email protected].
We will guide you through the admission process.